PMP Exam Requirements and Eligibility
The PMP examination is open to all project managers who meet the PMP certification eligibility
requirements, dictated by the PMP Handbook, published by the PMI (Project Management Institute).
- Minimum 36 months project management experience for individuals with a four-year degree or global equivalent
- Minimum 60 months project management experience for individuals without a secondary degree (high school, associates degree, or global equivalent)
- Project Management Education and PMP Requirement Hours: 35 contact hours of formal education
- Ethics: Agree to PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Pass the PMP Exam
- For detailed credentialing information, click here to download PMI's PMP Credential Handbook.
* All project management experience must have been accrued within the last 8 years prior to your application submission.
These PMP eligibility requirements are important in maintaining the professionalism
and level of caliber established at the Project Management Institute. If you have not met any of these PMP exam minimum requirements, make it a professional goal, in order to eventually become PMP certified.